Sunday, April 12, 2009

the hills are alive

I know, I’m pretty much a big blog update fail. I am what we like to call, easily distracted. For example, I am currently only updating my blog to avoid writing a paper.


Yes, I felt all the earthquakes but was not affected by any of them. Us Californians are pros of course.


The past week and a half my lovely sister and cousin visited! We did all the usual touristy things and ate and laughed and bonded!


We went to Florence for the weekend, and went on a tour of Tuscany hitting up Siena, a little wine estate for lunch, a small town called San Gimignano, and finally Pisa for that classic picture we just had to have.


Florence was beautiful as always, even though I had already been there I still discovered and saw new things. It was also really great to be able to see all those small Tuscan towns.










Rome is crazy right now, it is so hectic and busy and filled with tourists because of Easter. I had to go to the Vatican on Good Friday morning for school. We took a quiz in the Sistine Chapel. I’m such a good little Jew.


My program ends May 6th. That’s less than a month away. This has certainly been a crazy experience, one I will reflect more on when it’s completely over.


As for now, time to enjoy the rest of my time living in Rome, work hard on papers and finals, have fun travels after the program (morocco, spain, greece?) and go home, back to the real world.


Ciao for now!



p.s. my 21st birthday is in exactly a month! (not that it really matters anymore)

2 comments:

  1. I love all the stuff that you have done. The vatican was amazing, no? Perhaps a little overwhelming, though. This sounds like the best EAP ever. Ci veddiamo carina!
    p.s. You look so pretty in all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're are beautiful Bella Donna! Happy 21st!!! Party when you get home!

    ReplyDelete