Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Day In Rome

The past week the weather hasn't been too great. It's been raining a lot which poses a problem when your main form of transportation is walking.

But finally, today the sun was shining and it wasn't too cold. We decided to take a little walk and hit up all the major sites in Rome. It is the most amazing feeling to be able to walk to these places in less than 20 minutes.

First, we visited the Pantheon. This time, it was open!


It was better than any image I've ever seen of it. The dome and the opening at the top makes it look like a tunnel to Heaven. I don't want to sound cliche, but I honestly can't articulate what it's like to see these places, and pictures do them no justice.


Next, we walked about 10 minutes to the Trevi Fountain


It is a beautiful fountain, but I really think it's just famous because everyone thinks it is.
We sat there a while, making wishes, taking pictures, and basically observing everyone. It's seriously so funny to watch all the tourists (i'm definitely not one anymore) do the SAME exact thing. take a picture, and throw a penny in.

Yet... we did the same thing...



Then we saw on the map that the Spanish Steps weren't too far away, so we headed out.
We got there just as the sun was setting. It was fun to see all the people walking from the top steps, as well as a nice elevated view of the city.




I've made amazing friends here. I love my roommates, the boys down the street, everyone on the program.

I talk to everyone I meet. People from all over the world. I love it. I love Rome. I love everything about it here. It's wonderful!

More to come!

CIAO!!!! Ti Ami!


6 comments:

  1. What an amazing day! Keep on posting. Love the picture of you at the Trevi fountain.

    Mommy loves you

    ReplyDelete
  2. staceface- you look so beautifulllll in all your pictures. your postcard arrived yesterday. love you darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to cut me out of my own picture -_-

    ReplyDelete
  4. ti amo anche! Trevi fountain is the bomb and right around the corner from there is the best gelato in Rome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stacey: The latest pictures of your trip to Florence are wonderful. I like the ones of the man. Yu did that very well.....You really love it there. So happy for you...Enjoy and be careful and study hard when not having a wonderful time. I bet the jacket is fabulous. When Poppy and I were in Spainn we bought leather jackets.........Hugs and kisses, Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm behind on this, but I just found it. So if you stay out til 5, when do you get up? And is that why your Italian class is so late?

    ReplyDelete