Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lately

I realize I haven't updated as frequently. But, nothing really exciting has happened. I suppose you all would like to hear what I'm up to anyway.

We went to a little Irish pub to watch Obama's inauguration. It was nice to be surrounded by Americans from all over the country, so far from home. Everyone here loves Obama, makes us feel a little bit prouder to be an American.

I started Italian class. I have Italian from 3-6:30. Everyday. It really is interesting. I'm learning a lot, really quickly, and I'm picking it up fairly fast. It's just... sooooooo long, and sooooo much busy homework. Hello! Don't they know I'd rather be out galavanting around Rome?! Well, it still doesn't stop me.

Right now, me and the girls are focusing on planning our trip in a few weeks.
February 7th-11th, Barcelona, Spain
February 12th-15th, Venice, Italy for Carnival!

I don't know if you know what Carnival is... but it's pretty much the coolest thing ever. I remember watching a travel channel special on it with my dad. Its basically this huge event once a year with parades and masquerades. It originated hundreds of years ago as an event where someone could be whoever they wanted to me. With the masks and costumes, no one could tell what class you were, and you were free!



It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to go. I mean, when else am I going to be in Italy in February? Never.

As of now, I've basically been adapting to LIFE in Rome. I think I know my way around the area pretty well. Maps are easy to follow. I've been wandering around the city, hanging out with my new friends, and just having fun.

I miss you all!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Stacey: Thanks for the update. Glad you are going to be able to travel while there. That is part of the fun..........Italian every day for 3l/2 hours. WOW....You will come back speaking italian for sure.......What subjects are you taking????????Keep enjoying and I know there is probably lots of homework. Love you. Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds so wonderful and free from the stress of the world, which you deserve at your age and being such a good person. I am sure that whereever you go, you will be welcomed much more than you would have been pre-Obama. He is already following thru on many issues including gay rights. Amazing compared to the past 8 years of hateful actions. How is learning Italian? You can take Nanny and me out to dinner to some fancy Italian Restaurant when next in NY and order in Italian. Knowing two languages is very cool and also helpful in the working world. Keep us updated. Everyone misses you, but it thrilled you have this opportunity. You have pretty cool parents. Love you, UR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciao,

    I'm Giulio the italian guy...
    Do you remember me to pub of Trastevere?
    Anyway... I love Obama and I hope the best for Usa and World!!

    This is my blog: www.ilsid.splinder.com

    Excuse for my English...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacey trovo la tua mail nel tuo blog...? Ti mando io un messaggio...

    Giulio

    www.ilsid.splinder.com

    ReplyDelete