Friday, January 16, 2009

Rome is my Home?

Hello!

So I’d say I’m a full fledged Roman now.


Last night we checked out the night life. It was of course, hoppin.

We didn’t stay out too late cause we had an orientation early this morning. They basically repeated everything they told us the day before. Except they did show us this funny video comparing Italy to the rest of Europe:


http://completeall.com/Animations/Italy-vs-Europe.html


After that, we took a break and went to our new favorite pizza/gelato place. I feel like that’s gonna be our go-to place on breaks.




Then we had an Italian placement test which we all bombed.. because.. we don’t know Italian. But it’s okay, they’ll but us in a low class and hopefully it will be easy and we’ll learn a lot.

After that, we took our time walking home. It was beautiful outside. Sunny and bright and not too cold. We took this opportunity to take some pictures. These hardly do what I really see any justice but hopefully it’ll give you an idea of what I see everyday.


Here is a video I took of me walking near my apartment, just to give you a little taste :)





This is the clock tower next to my school... Which is why its called piazza dell'orlogio, or clock. It was also in Roman Holiday. Cool.

My school. And Bruno! the Grownskeeper.. like Hagrid..


streets... they all look like alleys

the bridge we have to cross everyday to get to school

the square by my house

my street

my apartment!



I just took a little 3 hour siesta. I get so tired here! I don’t know if I’m still jet lagged or if I’m just always so busy. But now I’m refreshed and ready for the night out!

Going to the Coliseum and Roman Forum tomorrow. Yay!

Byeee!

2 comments:

  1. You seem to be having a very very busy time......I can't believe that you are now living in Italy..........Do you want snail mail or email and should I send you some postcards from NYC?????????Love you and thanks for putting me in the loop.Your Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm glad you are having a good time. Jetlag (even if it is only in our minds as some people insist) lasts a lot longer than you'd like to think. I'm not over it really and I got to England a day or two before you got to Rome. It took me like a week and half or two when I got to California for winter break. Just take it easy, don't push yourself too hard or you'll end up with a gross cold like me. Talk to you soon love.

    ReplyDelete